Saturday, December 12, 2020

Week 2 of December

I didn't have nearly as many Christmas activities this past week as I did the first week - whew!  But I was working on a couple of presents and that took the majority of my time through the early hours of Thursday morning.  Like pretty much all of my projects, it was more complicated and time-consuming that I thought it would be when I came up with the idea.  I would give more details, but one of the recipients might see this post, so it will have to remain Top Secret:)  Anyway, I wrapped the presents up at about 1 am on Thursday, and enjoyed the peace of mind that comes with getting something done.

I was also super diligent about wrapping gifts.  I still do have a few to wrap, but the majority are done and under the tree, which is a Good Thing.
 


I felt so good about my accomplishments, I took the time to give myself a manicure.  This particular one is courtesy of Jamberry's Safari Party Lacquer Strips.



Meanwhile, my husband worked on our outdoor Christmas decorations and got our little narwhal out with his candy canes at the base of our magnolia tree.  He also put up a unicorn, but the unicorn did not survive the rigors of being one of our lawn ornaments.  So for now, the narwhal is on its own.



Donut also had a good week.  She finally got to interact with Frank, the barn cat.  She's been interested in him for awhile, but he was never that excited about letting her touch him.  One day, though, he was desperate for love, and he decided that it would be OK if Donut checked him out:)
 

 
Donut also got a package!  I discovered what looked like fun snacks for horses on the Emerald Valley Equine website.  They use a beet pulp base instead of bran, which I liked.  Although beet pulp is definitely something I use with caution due to the high calcium (relative to phosphorus) and iron levels, I thought it would be fun for Donut to try some new foods.  She is quite possibly the most food-oriented horse that I have ever met, and she will eat just about anything.  I tried the SantaMash first, and she didn't even hesitate to start slurping it up as fast as possible!
 

 
So I finished this week much less stressed than last week, although a bit tired from my late night.  I'm looking forward to getting some cleaning done and visiting with a friend this weekend.  And then I'll be back to the Christmas grindstone with writing a Christmas letter and getting cards in the mail for next week.  

2 comments:

  1. The cat thing breaks my heart cuz we're not yet healed here from our loss of our kitty Mercer. Even though she had a wonderful 10 years with us, it wasn't enough, and we won't go thru that pain again. It sucks that when I go to the internet I see cats, cuz in a perfect world, I'd have 20 of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your cat, lytha. They are such wonderful creatures! And I absolutely understand how you feel about seeing them. I feel something similar whenever I see Friesians. It's just hard to look at and all the memories and the sense of loss are renewed.

      Delete