Monday, November 8, 2021

Product Review: Blanket Tags

It's that time of year when the sheets and blankets come out of storage (or in my case, come out from under the seat in the truck where I wadded them up from the spring with the expectation that I would wash them before fall).  I'm not actually a huge fan of blanketing, but I do always try to have a waterproof sheet and a mid-weight blanket on hand, just in case.

Star's blankets from last year needed to be replaced, and I bought Freya a set as well.  Donut does fine without any blankets, so I'm waiting until she is done growing before getting her any.  But with two horses that share a blanket bar, I figured it might be a good idea to label the blankets both for us and for the barn staff.

I turned to one of my favorite resources for customized horse stuff - Etsy - and it didn't take me long to find some good candidates.  I ended up choosing a shop called CarolsStitchery for my first order.  Gemma's favorite color is definitively yellow at the moment, but she is always a fan of rainbows, so we ordered two tags for Freya with yellow and rainbow embroidery.  The tags were shipped within a few days and were clearly well-made.  We got one on a sheet for Freya which you can see below:


I have to admit, the rainbow version of the tag is pretty cool.

For my next order, I got a purple tag for Star.  The shop has an option for either a snap or a split ring as an attachment for the tag.  I had gotten the snaps for my first order, but decided to try the split ring next.


I like the split ring option a lot.  Gemma likes to move things around, so having the snaps on the tags she uses for Freya makes sense, but the split rings seem a bit more permanent and less likely to come off with a lot of handling.

I ended up placing a third order for a tag for Star because we didn't have her mid-weight blanket at the time of my second order, and Gemma wanted to make sure the tag would coordinate.  What was really great was that I forgot to add a note stating that I wanted the split ring for the tag (the default is the snap), and the seller promptly messaged me and asked if I wanted the split ring because she knew I had gotten it on my previous order.  I consider that to be impressive customer service!


In total, I ordered four tags for Freya and Star plus a couple as gifts for a friend, and all of the tags looked like they were well-made and all orders shipped quickly.  Here is the link for the tags that I ordered: https://www.etsy.com/listing/620200722/tags-for-harness-bags-halter-bags?ref=shop_home_feat_2&bes=1

There is also a second product that has two lines on the tag, which is a great idea if you need to note the weight of the blanket or add some other short piece of information to help keep your blankets organized and used properly.  Here is the link for those tags: https://www.etsy.com/listing/680977911/2-lines-horse-blanket-tags-bag-tag?ref=shop_home_feat_3

If you are looking for blanket tags to help keep your blankets straight, I think these are a great option.  They cost $9 per tag ($10 for the two-line tags), and they are available in a multitude of colors and fonts, with two attachment options (a snap and a split ring).  They ship quickly and are well-made.  Plus, they would work great as stocking stuffers for Christmas:) 

3 comments:

  1. ok those are seriously much MUCH cuter than the cow ear tags (srsly) that we currently use.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use cow ear tags for labels too! They are really durable and inexpensive, so they totally make sense to use. But these tags are definitely fancier and more fun!:)

      Delete